William C. Andrews Senior Partner
- University of Dayton (B.S. 1970)
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D. 1973)
- 2012 Recipient of the title of distinction as a “Top-Rated Lawyer in Pittsburgh” practicing Education Law
- 2011 Recipient of the Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Associations President’s Award for Distinguished Career Achievement in School Law
- 2009 Recipient of the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Law, School of Education and Tri-State Area Study Council’s Distinguished Achievement in Law Award
Mr. Andrews is a senior partner of Andrews & Price. He concentrates his time and expertise on the firm’s school district and municipal clients, providing guidance in such areas as municipal finance, governance, personnel matters, contract administration and negotiations, student matters and defense litigation.
Mr. Andrews has long been in the forefront of Public Sector Law. He has negotiated numerous teacher contracts under Act 195; participated in the first “Fact Finding and Arbitration” process in Western Pennsylvania under Act 88; and frequently is retained by municipalities to bargain with police and fire departments under Act 111.
In addition to his Solicitorship duties, Mr. Andrews acts as special counsel to assist school districts and their local solicitors with complex problems including collective bargaining, grievance arbitrations and defense of civil rights actions in both state and federal courts. He has also defended numerous school districts in federal court on the issue of Right to Education of Exceptional Children and frequently lectures on the topic.